Today I’m going to be showing you how to make 3 fun Halloween treats! Literally, anyone can do them, you don’t have to be good at baking to make these and they don’t take very long to make. My inspiration was from Pinterest.
- Digestive / Rich Tea biscuits
- Icing sugar
- Mini Oreos
- Edible eyes
- Get out your biscuits and put them on a plate
- Next, make some icing, so pour some icing sugar into and bowl and add a little water. You don’t want it to be too stiff because you want to be able to drip the icing onto the biscuit, using a spoon, to make a cobweb
- Quickly get a mini oreo (anything that kind of size) and put it on where ever you want the spider to be (try not to put it too close to the edge).
- Add two edible eyes on the mini oreo with some icing to stick them on
- Finally, break up some matchmakers to use as the legs of the spider.
Rice Krispie pumpkins
- Rice Krispies
- White chocolate
- Orange food dye
- Melt the white chocolate over a saucepan of boiling water on the hob
- Once melted, take off the hob and add orange food colouring
- After it’s orange enough, add the rice Krispies – there wants to be enough rice Krispies to hold it together
- Spoon some mixture on a plate and using 2 spoons, mould it together to make a pumpkin-like shape (this was actually much harder than I expected!)
- Break up some matchmakers to create the storks of the pumpkins
- Finally, put in the fridge
- Chocolate (preferably white chocolate so that it’s easier to dye)
- Food dye (purple, orange and green seem to be the spookiest colours!)
- Toppings (sprinkles, edible eyes, matchmakers etc.)
- Melt the chocolate
- Split the chocolate into separate bowls to add the food dye
- Once you’ve added the food dye, put the melted chocolate onto a sheet of greaseproof paper/a plate in a random order
- Next, using a cocktail stick, swirl the colours together to create a marble effect
- Add whatever decorations you want
- Put it in the fridge and once set, break up into pieces.
Related post: Christmas treats
Happy Halloween! 👻🎃
I hope you liked these cute Halloween treats, let me know if you try any 🙂
Best wishes, Cx