Disclaimer: AD/Gifted/AFF – These products have been gifted to me and have affiliate links. If you buy a product through an affiliate link, it means that I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclaimer here.
Once again, I’m back with another Plastic-Free July swap for you all to discover! I’m really enjoying finding different eco-friendly businesses and I’m so grateful to have the chance to host them on my blog 🥰. Today I’m going to be sharing a beeswax wraps company that has just launched in the UK!
What are beeswax wraps?
Wax wraps are an eco-friendly alternative to cling film or aluminium foil.
A particularly hard-hitting fact for me was that 1.2 billion metres of the stuff, roughly 740,000 miles of cling film, is used by every home in the UK every single year! That’s enough stretchy, slow-to-break-down cling film to wrap its way around the entire circumference of the earth 30 times over!
WaxWrap is an online business that sells a variety of different beeswax products. The actually wraps are made with a blend of organic cotton, beeswax, pine resin and organic jojoba oil which make it breathable. You can use it to wrap pretty much anything apart from meat and fish. This is because the wax wrap cannot be washed in high temperatures because it melts the wax!
These are the classic food wrap* products, one pack contains 3 different sized squares.
The 3 different sizes: 20x20cm, 30x30cm and 40x40cm.
Price – £16
This is my personal favourite! When I first discovered wax wraps, I thought they were a brilliant invention but sometimes you just can’t find that perfect size…now you can ☺
As well as 3 different widths: 20x120cm, 30x150cm and 40x200cm
Prices – £12, £16 and £20 (the three go together in order)
So we have the wraps, the rolls and now sandwich bags* too! I was also really excited to hear about these. Maybe you have a sandwich which you really can’t risk the contents falling out? Put it in a plastic-free food bag!
Once again, they come in 3 different sizes: 21x31cm, 25x31cm and 32x31cm.
Each food bag has the same 31cm length – perfect for a loaf of bread.
Price – £22.50
How to use them
WaxWrap products are super simple to use.
- Choose which product best fits your food item
- Choose the size that best fits (you don’t want it to be too tight)
- Fold the wax wrap onto the food and use the heat of your hand to mould it in the right direction.
- Hold for a couple of seconds to seal it
How to take care of them
- Wash with cold water and a tiny bit of washing up liquid (or a bar)
- Pat dry (When I was at uni, I dried them on my clothes hanger and they were fine)
- Put them away (they last longer if you don’t fold them)
Key points to remember
- Do NOT microwave, put in the dishwasher or freezer
- Do NOT wrap meat or fish
- Avoid using on oily or acidic foods
- Keep away from flames (wax is flammable)
- Don’t wrap hot food – must be under 30 degrees
- Store in a cool environment (under 30 degrees)
12 reasons why you should buy a WaxWrap product today:
- Vegetarian society approved
- Create a secure seal
- Won’t leach toxins into food and drinks
- Can use on a wide range of foods
- Can last for around a year (approx. 200 uses), if taken care of correctly – this will save you lots of money!
- Won’t pollute oceans, kill marine animals and birds or enter the food chain
- Easy to use – don’t you just hate it when cling film sticks together? 😤
- Beautiful selection of designs
- One step forward in your sustainable living/zero-waste lifestyle
- When they reach the end of their life, you can compost them
Do you use beeswax wraps already?
Best wishes, Cx