AD/AFF – Some of these products have affiliate links. You can read my disclaimer here.
I recently bought some sustainable pads and panty liners from TOTM (Time Of The Month) and I thought I would share my thoughts. It has been a while since my last review on this blog, so it seemed like the perfect time. I have spoken about period pants before, but I still much prefer pads to them. I want to be as sustainable as possible, but my period is so painful and gives me so much grief that I need something quick and convenient. I have mentioned on Instagram that I have endometriosis and am constantly fatigued to the point where I can’t get out of bed, so something easy is essential for me.
Who is TOTM?
TOTM is a sustainable period care brand created to end the stigma around periods. The tampons, pads and liners are made with certified organic cotton. They are much more than their products as they raise awareness, bust taboos about periods and empower menstrual wellbeing.
Why should you choose TOTM?
They are sustainable:
- Plastic-free packaging and products
- Certified organic cotton -> grown without toxic synthetic pesticides and under sustainable farming practices
- Organic cotton produces 94% fewer greenhouse gases, 88% less water, 62% less energy than conventional cotton production
- Made in a facility powered by renewable energy
- Registered with The Vegan Society
- Ethical Accreditation with a top Ethical Company Index Score of 100
- ICEA certified
- Climate-neutral -> offset their business activities through carbon offset projects
They give back:
- Donate products to causes across the UK
- Work with employers to make products available in employee bathrooms
- Taboo-breaking campaigns
- Menstrual wellbeing education
- Donate 1% of their online sales to Endometriosis UK -> they have already donated over £20,000!
- Provided 25,000 pads/tampons to frontline healthcare workers in the pandemic
- Supported the Welsh Government Period Dignity Grant to provide period care products for schools
- Support City to Sea’s Rethink Periods Schools Programme in 2021
- Through their Gift a Pack of Pads scheme and Donate Next Order option for subscribers, customers can support In Kind Direct -> a UK charity that delivers essential products to people who need them
I ordered the medium absorbency pads* which cost £3.18 for 8 pads. Compared to an unsustainable packet of pads, it is much more expensive but they are honestly the comfiest pads ever! Feeling comfy is definitely essential when on your period, and these are much comfier than any other pads I have worn. I’m a bit of a pad snob because I’m very particular about the ones I buy, but I would definitely recommend TOTM’s pads. Not only are their pads sustainable, but they are hypoallergenic which is something I always look out for as I am allergic to most things (including non-hypoallergenic plasters).
The liners* cost £3.60 for 28 unwrapped, but you could get wrapped ones which cost 20p extra. I find this a bit expensive too, but I only really use them on the last few days of my period. Once again, these are super comfortable! I think that with a panty liner, it’s nice to not be able to feel it, but I normally do. No fear, with TOTM’s liners, you can’t feel them which is probably what makes them so comfortable!
You can get £5 off your order with this link*
Have you tried any TOTM products?
Best wishes, Cx