AD/AFF – Some of these products have affiliate links. You can read my disclaimer here.
I recently bought the Bower Collective washing up liquid and I thought I would share my thoughts on it. Stay tuned for the amazing discount at the end of the post (hint: it includes chocolate!). Previously, I had been going to a refill shop to get my washing-up liquid, but it takes me 2 buses to get there. Although there are lots of refill shops in Dorset, they are all at least 2 buses which isn’t very feasible. I decided to try out the Bower Collective lavender washing-up liquid which came via the post.
Why should I get refills?
Refills are so much more sustainable than buying a new plastic bottle of washing up liquid every time you run out. You don’t need to buy a fancy bottle, just reuse the plastic one you already have. As much as plastic is negative, once it has been made you should use it as much as you can.
Who are Bower Collective?
Bower Collective was created to make sustainable living accessible with products that are good for the planet. Their inspiration is from the Bowerbird which recycles/reuses brightly coloured plastic scraps to decorate its nest! Bower Collective sell a massive range of sustainable products, not just their washing up liquid, which I’m going to be reviewing. You can buy so many amazing products from them, including cleaning, bathroom, kitchen, dental, period care, pets, beauty & kids products.
Why should I choose them?
- Bower products are made in reusable and refillable packaging.
- They work just as well as non-sustainable products – I believe better!
- They are committed to reducing their carbon footprint impact – over 90% of products are made in the UK
- Where possible, they have all natural ingredients & are non-toxic for people and ecology
- All suppliers meet the Ethical Trade Initiative Base Code which ensures workers are paid a living wage and are treated fairly
- All Bower products are cruelty free & animal testing free
- Most Bower products are vegan (apart from the ones containing beeswax)
- Free from SLS and parabens
- Fragenced with essential oils
- 20p of each purchase will go towards the Marine Conservation Society’s ‘Save Our Seagrasses’ appeal to protect endangered seagrasses in the UK
Continue reading: Bower Collective washing up liquid review
The refill process
- Choose your Bower Collective washing up liquid
- Choose the subscribe & save option – you get 10% off and can cancel/edit your subscription anytime
- Return up to 4 empty pouches at a time for FREE, in the return envelope provided
- The empty pouches are either recycled with their UK specialist partner, or refilled with the same product!
Bower Collective washing up liquid review
Let me start by saying, my delivery came so quickly which I was very happy about because I was completely out of washing up liquid! I ordered 1L of the lavender washing up liquid*, as well as a pink glass dispenser* because my plastic washing-up liquid bottle was thrown away by someone 🤦♀️. I chose the pink one because if you know me, most of my stuff is pink aha!
Aside from the sustainability of the product, one of the things I love most is the lavender scent! I am so happy that it is from the lavender essential oil* which has loads of amazing health benefits.
The glass bottle dispenser used about half of the washing up liquid. I have been using this product for about 2 months, washing up about once or twice a day and I have used just over a third of it. What I’m trying (not very well!) to say is that the washing up liquid foams up so well. When I only have a few things I use one pump of washing up liquid which is plenty and ensures that my things are cleaned properly.
Now for the part you’ve all been waiting for… You can get £15 off on orders over £30 when you use this link*! The free Tony’s Chocolonely bar is only available until the 3rd of April 2022, so make sure you order before then. Remember, they don’t just sell washing-up liquid, but a whole range of other products too.
Have you tried Bower Collective washing up liquid or any of their other products before?
Best wishes, Cx