AD – This is a sponsored post and contains affiliate links. You can find my disclaimer here.
With just 46 days until Christmas, now is the perfect time to be buying your Christmas gifts. This year I am sharing a combined eco-friendly and wildlife gift guide. There are lots of brilliant products coming up in today’s post, hopefully, you will find something you like!
Earthy Nail Polish
Up first for my eco-friendly and sustainable gift ideas, is Earthy Nail Polish. I absolutely adore this brand, it is my go-to gift for gifts! They sell collections (comprised of 4 colours) or individual ones, as well as nail treatments. The collections are £24.95, the individuals are £7.99 and the treatments are £8.99. Earthy sell so many different colours, my favourites are Maya’s Rose and Icelandic Blue. They also have amazing environmental credentials which you can see below.
- Bamboo cap instead of plastic
- platinum 2020 Ecovadis Sustainability rating
- Free from 21 harmful chemicals which other nail varnishes contain
- Plant-based & vegan
- Naturally antibacterial
- Return used nail varnish bottles and caps to be cleaned, sterilised and reused again
From Earth To Earth (F.E.T.E)
From Earth To Earth was created with a passion for finding natural options that contribute to a more sustainable future. In particular, reducing our plastic consumption. Did you know that we throw away 7.2 million KGs of plastic toothbrushes every year? That is a ridiculous amount of plastic! Obviously, toothbrushes are essential, but with FETE you can get a bamboo toothbrush. What I love most about the toothbrushes is that you can pick your colour and they have a soft, medium or firm bristle option. They also sell personal care products and accessories.
- 100% recycled, recyclable, biodegradable & home compostable
- Bristles are attached with pressure so there’s no glue
- Moso bamboo is used which isn’t the one Pandas eat
- Can be composted, but need to pull out the bristles first
- Support The Lawrence Anthony Earth Organization – a charity that reduces the decline of the plant and animal kingdom
The Sign Maker
The Sign Maker is a North Devon family-run business that creates high-quality bespoke signage. They have a massive range of products, any of which would be the perfect Christmas present. My favourites would have to be the personalised chopping board, ceramic bird bath and gardener gifts. They have a passion for wildlife, and sustainable practices and are constantly researching new sustainable methods and materials. One of their latest materials is PaperStone which is a lightweight yet durable material made up of layers of recycled paper. The Sign Maker is in the heart of the countryside in Devon surrounded by their own land so their aim is to make it a wildlife haven! They have created three ponds.
- SME Sustainable Business Excellence Award 2022
- Environmental Project Of The Year Award 2019
- Partnerships with The North Devon Biosphere and The Association of Green Funeral Directors
- FSC-certified timber from sustainable sources
- Eco-friendly inks
- Use our own green energy for the site – wind turbine and biomass boiler
- Planted over 1500 biomass willow & poplar which will be coppiced for the biomass boiler – willow will provide an early nectar crop for honey bees and other insects
- Planted over 200 different species of trees
- planted a number of Devon hedges with mixed planting of shrubs recommended by the RSBP – provide food shelter and nesting sites for the birds
- 5 acres of wildflower meadow
Continue reading: Eco-friendly and wildlife gift guide
The next brand in my eco-friendly and wildlife gift guide is Teapro, which is a sustainable loose-leaf tea brand. They work hard to choose the correct teas to stock, only choosing the best of the best. Teapro works with small farms and suppliers, sourcing tea from all over the world. Tea is the perfect gift for Christmas, I mean who doesn’t love it? You can order packets of loose-leaf tea, or themed boxes, I like the sound of the Tea Magic Box*.
Check out their 3 star products:
The Tea Subscription Box* is perfect for all tea lovers, with 4 new premium teas each month! As well as this you receive a free infuser glass in your first box, an educational tea booklet, a tea journey sticker album and sticker, a tea-tasting flavour wheel and exclusive discounts. That all sounds pretty amazing to me.
The Premium Ceremonial Matcha Set* is a must-have Christmas gift for all matcha enthusiasts with the best matcha utensils.
Finally, the Zero Waste Loose Tea Advent Calendar* isn’t so much of a gift but is something you could buy for yourself or an early Christmas gift. The advent calendar includes 24 premium loose-leaf teas in compostable pouches, 24 cards with tea puns, 3 piece infuser glass and the cork board with pegs. This would be great for someone who has just discovered their love for tea to test out all the flavours!
Use my discount code: enviroline10teapro for money off!
Pivot was founded in 2019, with the aim to teach people experiencing homelessness to design, make and sell jewellery, while providing coaching and financial support. They do this by providing a unique 12 week creative training programme for people living in UK hostels. In just 3 years, they have accomplished so much good in the world! Support this brand and buy sustainable and ethically made jewellery.
- Responsible brass, recycled silver and zero-waste acetate
- Westfield London’s Future Fashion winner for their environmentally sustainable capsule collection
- Sold over 5000 pieces of jewellery, generating £110K+ in sales, all of which has been reinvested into their mission of empowering young people living in temporary accommodation
- 113 makers have been employed from 15 homelessness services
- 3 employees recruited from hostels
Finches Friend is a family-run business and was created when trichomonosis wiped out the greenfinches in their garden. Did you know that trichomonosis is spread by a parasite transmitted through damp food in their feeders? I had no idea about this and I was shocked that it isn’t spoken about more! Dick and Tina, the founders, created a birdfeeder that has a removable feed station making cleaning quick and easy. It also has two or four, enclosed feed chambers to hold a variety of feed and protect it from the most extreme weather.
I have a window feeder and it is so good, but the birds tend to almost try to step in it. The Finches Friend Cleaner Window Feeder keeps ‘food, feet and faeces’ separate! The Cleaner Feeder 1 has 360-degree feed access which allows birds to feed at the same time. There are 2 food chambers which means a variety of food can be provided. As well as this there is a ‘Feed Off’ mechanism which reduces waste. The removable feeding station makes it much easier to clean. Both have water drainage covers to keep food dry and clean which will reduce the trichomonosis parasite. They are made from recycled plastic.
The final brand in my eco-friendly and wildlife gift guide is 8000 Kicks who created the first waterproof hemp shoe! Hemp is used because it is a natural material, anti-bacterial and needs no fertilizers and almost no water to grow. The insoles are made from hemp which is the world’s most eco-friendly material. The outsoles are made from algae, which is collected from the harmful algal blooms – win/win! The shoes are water and dust-resistant which means they last for longer as they don’t get as damaged.
- Planting trees to offset their carbon footprint
- Donated over 10,000 masks during the pandemic
- In 2020, they donated 30 pairs to City Rescue Mission – an NGO that provides food and clothing to the local homeless
- CITEVE tests all the hemp fabric quality
- Eco-stylist guarantees their sustainability practices
- OEKO-TEX is the gold standard for textile quality guaranteeing no toxic substances or dyes are use
- Bloom is their CO2 capture and water cleaning partner which mission they sponsor with their sales
- Some of their factories are using renewable energy, but they are hoping to increase this!
You can get 10% off with my discount code: CAROLINE
Shop Honu is the perfect place for marine-themed jewellery, so for any wildlife enthusiasts in your life! Honu was founded in 2017, with the name actually meaning green sea turtles which were inspired when the founders had their first encounter with them. 6 out of 7 sea turtle species are endangered which is why Honu has partnered with the Sea Turtle Conservancy Florida and donate 10% of their profits. Their work restores nesting habitats and maximises the survival rate. Since then, Shop Honu has partnered with many other charities and has created mini collections. For example, they partnered with the Beluga Whale Sanctuary where 100% of the profits of the necklace* are donated. My absolute favourite item is my wave ring, but the adjustable whale ring* is good for a gift if you don’t know their ring size.
- Donated over $41,000 to the Sea Turtle Conservancy
- Plastic-free packaging – recycled card, paper tape and the rings come in cotton reusable bags
- There’s an option at checkout to get seed pillow boxes* instead
- Members of Ecologi – plant trees each month
- Collaborated with Beluga Whale Sanctuary, The National Lobster Hatchery, The Seahorse Trust, The Cornish Seal Sanctuary and Whale and Dolphin Conservation
- Manufactured in the UK which lowers their transportation footprint
- Ethically sourced recycled sterling silver
- Each and every piece of the gold plated jewellery is 100% Fairmined certified
I hope you enjoyed reading this eco-friendly and wildlife gift guide and that you have found something for someone!
Best wishes, Cx